Posted on September 25 2020
Welcome to the 14th Annual Gear Up For Outdoors Spread the Warmth Contactless Winter Coat Drive for 2020.
Due to the Covid-19 concerns Gear Up For Outdoors has spent many hours with our staff, partners & recipients to ensure we can mitigate any risks & provide protocol that is meaningful & keeps safety top of mind.
We have re-named the event for this Season.
The Spread the Warmth Contactless Winter Coat Drive.
The Need for this community for cold weather jackets & coats during these unprecedented times will be enormous and I’m sure our community will as they have done over the past 14 years, be up to the Challenge to Spread the Warmth. We are the City with the Giant Heart.
2020 Contactless Winter Coat Drive Poster
Gear Up For Outdoors Ltd. COVID-19 Safety Protocol:
- All Coats & Jackets must be washed & clean
- Store them in an individual clear plastic bag - 1 Jacket per bag
- Gender & Size marked on each bag
- Drop off at Gear Up ~ Right Side Entrance Door
- Laundry Bin Drop Off Site
- Enter in store, a draw for 1 of 5 Keg gift cards.
- Jackets are held in quarantine in separate rolling laundry bins
- Separated for Children, Women & Men in Gear Up's back warehouse
- Weekly Pick-Up by Shelter House S.O.S. Van for distribution.
Over 50 Coats & Jackets Donated by
Lakehead Cleaners & Supreme Cleaners
Thanks so much Pinot A.
NEEDS & REQUIREMENTS:
After discussions with Precious Bundles, Shelterhouse & Grace Place they find the following will be critical this season;
- Precious Bundles; larger Kids & Youth sizing
- Shelter House/Grace Place; larger Men's & Women's sizing
- Shelter House will have a Donation Box & Private Envelopes located at Gear Up's Front Counter for any Monetary Donations.
- Media Release - Thunder Bay Newswatch
- Monday October 5th - 11:00am at Gear Up For Outdoors 894 Alloy Place
- Coat Drive Dates: Monday October 5th thru to Sunday December 20th, 2020
- Draw Date: Monday December 21st, 2020 all winners will be notified.
- Drop Off Location: Gear Up For Outdoors Ltd. 894 Alloy Place [Off of Central Avenue]
ABOUT THE COAT DRIVE:
The days are getting shorter and colder, let’s get ready to "Spread the Warmth"
Thank you Thunder Bay for supporting our 14th season and our community partnership between Gear Up For Outdoors, Shelter House, Grace Place, Precious Bundles, and The Keg Steakhouse & Bar.
So many in our community are blessed by the donations of your winter coats. There is never trouble finding a warm fit for those in need. The generosity of our community & outlying areas has always left a lasting impression on all those who benefit from your generous donations.
This Event would not be complete without mentioning our partners; The Keg Steakhouse & Bar, TBaytel as well as our Media Partners; Dougall Media, The Walleye and Shout Media.
Numerous businesses within our community encourage their employees, friends and families to "Spread the Warmth" and give generously for those in need;
A Special thanks for the following businesses and their employees;
Grant Thornton, RBC, Canada BrokerLink, Push Fitness, Maintain Air/Porter and Sleeping Giant Brewery.
With the cold weather upon us we thank the Thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce for their invaluable network of business owners for getting the word out to their employees, friends and families for the 2020 Spread the Warmth Winter Coat Drive Campaign.
The Staff at Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Center TBRHSC are so deserving.
The North of Superior Health Group "NOSH" [Terrace Bay, Marathon & Schreiber Hospitals] collect donations along the North Shore communities and Courtesy Courier brings them to Thunder Bay.
Public School groups also help in collecting jackets & coats for this annual community event.
A special thanks to Lowery's Thunder Bay for the exposure of the Spread the Warmth Campaign on their digital signboard on Central Avenue.
Supreme Cleaners & Lakehead Cleaners have been gracious in providing Clean Sorting Laundry Bins and the first donation of 50 coats for the 2020 campaign. Thanks so very much Pinot.
Thanks to Katherine & Gary Sanwald one of our long time customers. During the off season they purchase clothing & accessories from the local Thrift Stores in town and donate them to our Coat Drive. Thank so very much Gary & Katherine.
In Support of Shelter House Thunder Bay & Precious Bundles
The Staff of Gear Up for Outdoors has given their time generously over the past 14 years; a true testament to the success of this community based project.
Gear Up For Outdoors & The Keg Steakhouse, presents the Spread the Warmth Contactless Winter Coat Drive. Be a a part of something great this winter and bring in any of your Clean [Covid-19 Protocol] winter jackets/coats and they will be donated to our friends at Precious Bundles, The Shelter House & Grace Place. Grace Place is the distribution center for all of the jackets & coats collected on behalf of Shelter House Thunder Bay.
- Precious Bundles [Infants to age 16] The Need for Kids Clothing is always dire.
Shelter House [Adult Men/Women] Grace Place ensures delivery to those in need.
For every donation collected you will receive;
- A chance to win 1 of 5, $100.00 Keg Steakhouse & Bar Gift Certificates.
- Gear Up For Outdoors will give you a 10% Discount on the purchase price of a new winter jacket.
- Draw & Winners will be notified on Monday Dec 21st. Just in time for Christmas Gift Giving.
One of 5 $100.00 Gift Cards
from Bob & Tom of the Keg Steakhouse & Bar
The 2020 Gear Up For Outdoors Event Team. Jon, Sheri, Joe
Weekly Coat Drive Summary:
Week Ending Adults Kids Accessories
Oct 18 244 41 92