Faber Montagnay Snowshoe [175-350Lbs]
- The Montagnay is built with a flat toe & 2 curved cross bars for a stronger frame with a round shape to maximize flotation. The beaver tail acts as a rudder & allows the snowshoe to stay in a straight line. It also acts as a counter-balance aiding the foot's pivot through the toe hole and helping to discharge large accumulations of snow from the snowshoe while walking. A great snowshoe for a big guy! Larger snowshoes provide a more stable gait.
- Terrain: Dense forest of northern Quebec & Ontario where your are confronted with obstacles, stumps & dead falls.
- Activity: Forested worker, Hunter and trapper
- Snow Condition: The classic lacing on this snowshoe is a really tight lacing, ideal for powder snow conditions or breaking trails of unpacked snow!
RECOMMENDED SNOWSHOER WEIGHT:
18 x 39 [175 - 350lbs] Montagnay Snowshoe
- Powder snow or trail breaker: 175-233lbs [80-106kg]
- Dry snow or trail: 233-292lbs [106-133kg]
- Melted snow or packed trail: 292-350lbs [133-159kg]
Made In Canada! Since 1870.
Faber 150 years of Tradition & Development
- MODEL: 19
- TYPE/LACING: Classic, Very Tight Lacing
- OTHER NAME: Montagnay or Cod
- SHAPE: Rounded with Beaver Tail
- SIZE/WEIGHT: 18" x 39" [46x99cm], 5.35lbs [2.43kg]
- RECOMMENDED WEIGHT: 175-350lbs [80-159kg]
- CAPACITY: No Limit on packed trails
- TERRAIN: Dense forests where your are confronted with obstacles, stumps and dead falls...
- ACTIVITY: Working or Walking. A good snowshoe for a big guy! Larger snowshoes provide a more stable gait..
- CONDITION: Ideal for powder snow conditions or breaking trails of unpacked snow!
- WARRANTY: 1 YEAR GUARANTEE
- BINDINGS: Not included: Leather & Rubber Faber Bindings available
GUIDELINE FOR SIZE SELECTION:
- When choosing your snowshoe be sure you factor; User weight + footwear, clothing & the weight of your pack & gear!