Katadyn Vario Microfilter
- A 2 FILTER SYSTEM:
- 1: 0.3-micron, pleated glassfiber filter used to remove waterborne bacteria & cysts
- 2: A ceramic filter, engaged w/ a simple twist of the casing, is used to prefilter debris in dirty water away from primary filter
- Vario is also a high-output system, filtering up to 2/Litres per minute in "fast flow mode"
- Longer life mode" (ceramic filter engaged), unit produces 1 Litre per minute
- Replaceable carbon keeps water tasting fresh & reduces chemicals, toxins & odors!
- Perfect for individuals & group camping
- Dual-piston technology minimizes the effort required to pump water through the system!
- Attaches directly to standard W/M bottle (Not included) for filling;
- Output hose accommodates hydration systems & large containers.
- Multi-stage filtration system - Adjustable to “Longer Life” or “Faster Flow”
- Suitable for extremely cloudy water
PROTECTION LEVEL 2 MICROFILTER:
- Removes most Microorganisms (Bacteria = EColi, Samonella. Protozoa = Giardia, Cryptosporidium)
- For Protection against viruses, an EPA Registered disinfectent may be added after water is filtered:
- Katadyn Micropur Tablets, Coghlans Tablets or Pristine Drops
- Includes 2 bags of replaceable carbon, prefilter, cleaning pad, lubricant & carry bag
- Weight: 15oz [425g]
- Dimensions: 7.5" x 4.0" [19 x 10cm]
- Hose Length: 36" [91cm]
- Output: Up to 2 quart [2L]/min
- Cartridge Capacity:
- Depending on water quality Glass Fiber: 520 Gal [2000L]
- Carbon: 106 Gal [400L]
- Usage: Small Groups, Camping, Hiking, Travel, Boating
- Katadyn Glassfiber Replacement Cartridge 8014933
- AntiClog Technology
- 129 square inches of pleated 0.2 micron glassfiber media.
- Activated carbon core: reduces unpleasant tastes and odor from water
- Surface area resists clogging! Guaranteed!
- Backcountry Series products are ideal for camping and backpacking.
- They are lightweight, compact and the easiest way to make safe water.
- Backcountry Series products are the favorite choice for all-around use.
Ceramic, glass fiber and carbon means that you choose fast flow and/or longer life based on water quality/water source, if water looks murky, then change dial to longer life and water will utilize ceramic disk prior to glass fiber. If water looks clear, set to faster flow and bypass the ceramic pre-filter. Carbon pre-filter is also replaceable. Fits directly onto water bottles, 2 liters per minute flow, ceramic is field cleanable, ergonomic pump action.