Mustang H.I.T. Inflatable PFD (Automatic Hydrostatic Activation)
The Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT ) offers reliable inflation in a low maintenance design that will only automatically inflate when submerged in 4'' or more of water pressure and not inadvertently due to rain, spray or humidity. Exclusive to Mustang Survival in North America and maintenance-free for 5 years from date of manufacture or until inflated. Made for the most severe marine environments the HIT Inflatable PFD will meet the challenges of the most demanding users. It also features the patented SecureZip closure system to ensure the PFD will stay closed during even the most rigorous activity and still opens effortlessly upon inflation.
This light weight and comfortable PFD can be worn over a t-shirt on warm days or over thicker garments in colder conditions. It is low profile and allows for maximum mobility. Neoprene Comfort Collar, adjustable waist and minimal material in the back make for an unparalleled all-day comfort.
OFFSHORE FLOTATION: When rescue may be delayed, flotation needs to be able to weather any storm.
Engineered, designed & developed for environments where users find themselves in isolated or rough waters, offshore PFDs offer the buoyancy that are suitable for all water conditions. Ocean racers to adventurous sailors seeking open water can eat, sleep, and push through long days pulling lines in our offshore vests that give them full range of motion, complete comfort, and peace of mind!
- Approval: TC – Type II Performance (Meets minimum buoyancy of 33.7 LBS)
- Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT™) will only inflate when submerged in 4” or more of water pressure, and not in rain, spray, or high humidity
- 38 LBS of buoyancy when inflated
- Manual inflation handle allows you to inflate the vest at any time
- Status indicator window: green means it's ready to go
- SecureZip closure stays shut in high winds and still opens easily on inflation
- Neoprene Comfort Collar
- Strobe Light Holder safety whistle and SOLAS reflective tape on inflation cell
- Durable outer shell with reflective accents
- Backup oral inflation tube
- Water resistant pocket
- Belt extender sold separately (model # MA7637)
- Optional Replacement Mustang Automatic Hydrostatic Re-Arm Kit "C" MA7214
Hydrostatic Technology Offers Reliable Inflation The Auto Hydrostatic Inflatable Personal Flotation Device (PFD) will only automatically inflate when submerged in 4 or more inches of water and not prematurely due to rain, spray or humidity.
- MD3153 02: Transport Canada Approved Inflatable PFD: Type II Performance
- MD3183 02: USCG Approval: USCG Type II/Type V Commercial
- Type: Offshore Flotation
- Sizing: Universal Adult
- Chest: (30" - 52") [76cm-132cm]
- Weight: more than 80 lbs. [36kg]
- Age: over 16 years!
- Inside/Inflated Color: Bright fluorescent Yellow-Green
- Buoyancy when inflated: 169N (38lb) - Almost 2x standard foam pfd's
- Recommend for: Fishing, Sailing, Boating, Paddle Sports, Industrial Marine, Law Enforcement, Public Safety, Sea, Air, Land, Search & Rescue.
- Award-winning, offshore capable with our highest buoyance. Hammar Hydrostatic Inflator [HIT] Technology to withstand harsh offshore conditions.
Optional Replacement Mustang Hydrostatic Re-Arm Kit “C” MA7214
- Use only Mustang Survival re-arm kits.
- Use of other re-arm kits may result in improper operation or failure to operate and will void the product's warranty.