Nikwax Down Proof
The easy to use, safe, high performance technical cleaner for hydrophobic and regular down filled clothing and gear.
The only technical cleaner specifically designed for hydrophobic and regular down which cleans effectively, while restoring water repellency and maintaining fill power and insulation.
Your down items could be soaking up water because the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) has been compromised by dirt, or because it has been cleaned with a conventional laundry detergent. Dirt attracts water and household detergents leave water attracting (hydrophilic) residues, leading to fabric and down 'wetting out' in wet or damp conditions.
If your down items are relatively new, or have been recently treated with Nikwax Down Proof™, then cleaning with Nikwax Down Wash Direct will not only remove contaminants, such as dirt and residues left behind by household detergents, but also revitalize insulation and restore DWR.
Sleeping bags and very large jackets are best hand washed in a bath or equivalent and then spin dried in a washing machine.
Use neat Down Wash Direct to treat stubborn stains before washing. Remove all non-washable parts. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions. Do not use conventional detergents.
Machine Wash (for down clothing only):
- Use a front-loading washing machine only.
- Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
- Place maximum 2 items in washing machine.
- Add 100 ml.
- Wash according to care label, preferably on low setting and slow spin.
- After the washing cycle has finished run multiple spin cycles, each time incrementally increasing the spin speed, to remove excess water.