IDEAL FOR: Fitness, All-Mountain
AWARDS: The Sommet was selected BEST SNOWSHOE TO DO IT ALL "The most verstatile" by the Outside Magazine and BEST ALL-MOUNTAIN snowshoe by the Backpacker Magazine.
SOMMET n.m. (lat. summum): French for 'summit'; the highest point of a mountain.
FRAME: Grey Colour
- Powder Coating Frame reduces snow sticking
- Light weight yet strong 3/4" 6063-T832 Cambered aluminum frame increases flotation & rebound action
- U-Frame Open; curved open rear end avoids dragging effect while walking.
DECKING: New "WTD" Wing Traction Decking is lightweight & sturdy.
- XLarge Sizing for optimal traction with less weight... while running
- Cool white decking accents the wing traction design.
- CNC Cut with double claws to each wing with "Active Crampons"
- Low temperature impact copolymer plastic that is cold & shock resistant.
- Sturdiness is due to the decking wing torsion, giving extra traction & creating exit holes for snow
- Resistant to -40f [-40c] Temperature Rating
PIVOT SYSTEM: SPORT PIVOT + STOPPER
- Suspended Sport Pivot with full rotation plus stopper, made of a carbon steel rod (twice as strong and 40 % lighter than stainless steel).
- 2 rivets attachment point
- Rotation limited at 70 degree to avoid contact with shine bone and ease backward steps and jumps over obstacles
- Lighter steps by partial lift of the snowshoe and discharge of snow from deck
- Minimum toe lift required to exit snow in off trail condition
- Good lateral control, heel stays centered on the snowshoe
- Suspension offering flexibility for comfort of the ankle
- Optimizes crampons traction.
BINDING: QUATRO 3ZE 360°
- 3 Lever Zenith buckles for easy in and out
- 4 points toe box for better lateral control
- Optimum fit and control by the 360° action of the back strap
- 5.5" double density foot plate + 5" double density heel plate for better grip on the boot sole
- Heel plate includes easy to use heel lifter
- Our best binding for high mountain
- 3 Zenith buckles with nylon webbing for fast, precise and light adjustment
- Concave toe box for good lateral control
- Zenith buckle + adjustable rubber coated webbing back strap, easy to use and precise
- 3" Foot plate
- Binding designed to fit small boots for maximum comfort, lightness and efficiency.
CRAMPONS: Provide Optimum Traction, light and durable
- Material: Tempered steel
- Front Claw: FC-9S; 9 teeth, tempered steel with powder coating, 15 x 10 x 3 cm.
- Heel Claw: HC-8S; 8 teeth, tempered steel with powder coating, 13 x 10 x 2,25 cm
- Extra Lateral traction + Active Traction Wings for superior grip
FABER FITNESS, RUN & RACING SNOWSHOES:
Faber Traditional Wooden Snowshoe; Racing Course Snowshoe 9 x 32.
Faber Wing Deck Series; Sommet Snowhoe & Challenge Racing Snowshoe
OTHER FABER WTD "WING TRACTION DECKING" SNOWSHOES
CHALLENGE RUNNING SNOWSHOE [Racing]
NORTH CLIFF SNOWSHOE [150 - 275Lbs]
NORTH KID SNOWSHOE [Max 90Lbs]
NORTH LANDER SNOWSHOE [Max 275Lbs]
SOMMET ALL- MOUNTAIN SNOWSHOE [Max 250Lbs]
S.LINE SLIDING STEP SNOWSHOE [Max 325Lbs]
WHITE LANDER Womens SNOWSHOE [Max 150Lbs]
Faber Made In Canada!
Since 1870 over 140 years of Tradition & Development